SYMVIONICS uses its ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System processes for producing quality software products. Software development consists of requirements analysis, detailed software design, prototyping, development, and testing. Problem identification and mitigation occurs at each phase. Our quality software products are:
- Reliable – The products perform as designed and produce predictable results.
- Usable – The products are easy to use from the end user perspective
- Maintainable – The products are designed and built to be maintained and enhanced in the most cost effective manner.
- Timely – The products are produced in a timely and predictable manner with the proper balance given to meeting the needs of the individual customer, general market needs, and SYMVIONICS corporate schedules and commitments.
Our Software Development Plan was prepared in accordance with IEEE ISO/IEC 12207-2008. Some of SYMVIONICS’ programs also use processes defined by the CMMI Institute (formerly the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Continuous Representation approach. In providing on-site software development support to the Government, SYMVIONICS supported the development of CMMI Capability Level 3 processes themselves, and was responsible for achieving a CMMI Capability Level 3 in specific software development areas. SYMVIONICS acted as process development lead in the Configuration Management (CM) process area. We completed the CM Process area Process Improvement Indicator Description (PIID) for the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) -C, -B, and -A audits.
SYMVIONICS has also implemented and documented cybersecurity frameworks (DIACAP and RMF) on various training devices. Our Information Assurance staff holds certifications, including ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), as well as the CompTIA certifications for Security+, Network+, and A+.
Our software development experience has been applied on a variety of programs, including:
- Training systems (flight, submarine, etc.)
- Real-time flight test support systems
- Post-flight test support systems
- Real-time crew-in-the-loop weapon system simulation systems
- Web-based logistics support systems
- Web-based training systems
- Maintenance training systems
SYMVIONICS has experience in a wide variety of computer languages including:
- Visual Basic
SYMVIONICS’ software engineering experience also includes software Independent Verification & Validation. Further, we have experience in Information Technology (IT) planning, installation of new hardware and software, installation of hardware and software upgrades, installation of security patches and modifications to ensure that the systems comply with all DoD and/or security policies.