Operations and Support Services
Over decades of contract performance on hundreds of contracts, SYMVIONICS has amassed a wide variety of engineering, technical, program management, and base operations experience. Many of these services have been provided by SYMVIONICS as a prime contractor, but we have also participated in Joint Ventures with other companies to provide these services. A summary of these services includes:
Program Management Support:
Advisory and assistance support, providing in-depth and comprehensive information to key Government decision makers.
- Preparing monthly Financial Reports
- Monitor Planning Activities
- Programming and Budget System operations
- Archiving Documentation
- Development of Briefing Packages
- Tracking status of Official Taskings
- Field Inquiry Response Preparation
- Development and Maintenance of Reference Library Materials
- Response to high-level, time-sensitive inquiries from Congress, Office of the Secretary of Defense, and other command positions.
- Analytical Support for studies associated with Administration, Management and Operations
- Web-site content development
- Training (classroom, on-the-job, web-based, etc.)
Weapon System Development Support:
Engineering and technical support, providing design support to operational weapon systems.
- Real-time crew-in-the-loop simulation
- Operational Flight Program development
- Crew System design and Human Factors Engineering
- Avionics System development
- Systems Engineering – Requirement analysis, Specification development, System upgrade cost estimation, etc.
- System Integration Lab development & support
- Flight test support
Engineering and computer technology support, dedicated to improving information exchange using cutting edge Inter/Intranet technologies.
- Enterprise Network architecture development
- Professional IT Services, Operations and Support
- Network & Communications Engineering
- Business Systems Integration and Support
- Computer and Network Security
- Design, develop, and implement full service Intranets
- Database access using Internet technologies
- Modular web-based client-server application development
- Web-based database access techniques
- Help desk support
- Seat Management
Logistics support for purchasing, storage, shipping, and warehouse operations, providing customer material and equipment as required.
- Purchasing and requisitioning of material and equipment
- Receiving and inspection of material
- Processing of dealers invoices
- Handling of hazardous material
- Discrepancy reporting
- Storage and Delivery
- Inventory and shelf-life management
- Turn-in and disposal of material
Test & Evaluation:
Engineering and technical support using tools and processes by which a system or components are compared against requirements and specifications, to evaluate and assess progress of design, performance, supportability, etc.
- Developmental test and evaluation (DT&E)
- Operational test and evaluation (OT&E)
- Extensive expertise in flight test engineering support (including national & international range communities & test pilot schools)
- Extensive experience in the concept development, design, operational development, and fielding of real-time and post-flight analysis systems
Computer Help Desk Support:
Technical support providing for the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of all data in networked computing environments.
- Operation & Maintenance
- Real-time response to end user questions/problems
- Hardware/software troubleshooting, problem restoration, and upgrades
- Assessment of future technology capability & applicability
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of software, hardware, network topologies, sub-netting strategies, server systems (mail, proxy, web, etc.), video teleconferencing equipment, databases, and connectivity issues
- Emphasis on inherent security requirements
- Backup, recovery, and restoration of data subsequent to hardware failures
Public Affairs Support:
Administrative support to provide effective and timely dissemination of information to all levels of the customer’s organization, as well as selected information to the general public.
- Updates/revisions to on-line directories
- Historical documentation
- Trade magazine articles
- Press releases
- Website Home Page updates
- Plan and deliver customer’s awards programs
- Plan, coordinate, conduct customer-hosted workshops, conferences, and meetings (local, National, and World-wide events)
Administrative and technical support in reporting developmental test and evaluation missions and accomplishments.
- Extensive experience with electronic reports with still photos & illustrations, as well as embedded video with full sound
- Interact efficiently and effectively with engineers, other technical contractors, data analysts, and program managers
- Coordinate utilization of technical reporting resources
- Technical text editing
- Preparation of illustrations and graphics products
- Photographic digitization/enhancement and video/audio clip support
- Reproduction coordination and product distribution (worldwide)
Technical Data Support Services:
Technical support for the sustainment of Technical Orders (TO) and engineering data support services in support of Air Force Sustainment Center (AFSC) and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC).
- Editorial Support
- TO Management Agency Support
- Technical Data Distribution
- Technical Content Management Support
- TO Library Management
- Engineering Data Sustainment
- Technical Data Functional/Customer Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manual Support
Military Housing Support:
Technical and logistics support providing superb housing maintenance in support of military families.
- Housing Program Management support
- Family housing and dormitory management
- Furnishings management
- Service calls (routine and emergency service to ensure facilities, systems, and equipment are restored to a safe, operable condition and function properly)
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) Program to ensure proper operation, to minimize breakdowns, and to maximize useful life.
- Family housing maintenance and repair (painting, HVAC, flooring, cabinets/countertops, appliances, etc.)
- Grounds maintenance
- Pest control
- Self-Help Store operations
Base Operations Support Services:
Technical and logistics support providing maintenance, repair, and support to facilities and systems at operational military bases.
- Base Supply Operations
- Integrated Maintenance Program (IMP) for HVAC and Refrigeration Systems, Fire Protection Equipment and Systems, and Vertical Transportation Equipment (VTE)
- Inspection, Testing, and Certification on Boilers and Unfired Pressure Vessels (UPVs), Weight Handling Equipment (WHE), Crane and Railroad Trackage, Backflow Prevention Devices, and VTE
- Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) of facilities which includes maintenance, repair, alteration, demolition and minor construction
- Pest Control services
- Grounds Maintenance of improved, semi-improved, and unimproved grounds
- Mail Processing and Service Center
- Furnishings Management
- Facilities Improvements