SYMVIONICS is devoted to the training system and simulation industry, having provided training system solutions for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and NASA for decades. SYMVIONICS is a Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWCTSD) Training Systems Contract III (TSC III) prime contractor, in both lots (Small Business and Unrestricted categories). Prior to TSC III, as one of the 13 NAWCTSD Training Systems Contract II (TSC II) Prime Contractors, SYMVIONICS had eight delivery orders under the TSC II program. Six of these delivery orders were performed as a prime contractor and two as a subcontractor. Similarly, SYMVIONICS is a U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) Omnibus Contract (STOC) II prime contractor, in both lots (Small Business and Unrestricted categories). SYMVIONICS has also been the modeling and simulation support contractor for the U.S. Air Force Test Center (AFTC) since 1995, where we have developed many new simulators. Since 2005, SYMVIONICS has also provided on-site support to the NASA Ames Research SimLab facilities.
SYMVIONICS provides a total system design, development, production and support capability for training systems. We maintain a high-bay system integration facility in Orange Park (Jacksonville), FL. We are also experienced in the integration and stimulation of actual aircraft avionics computers and their companion Operational Flight Programs. We provide “on-site” support to some of our customers, providing day-to-day support for training system and simulator upgrades, modifications, and technology enhancements.
We have extensive experience with many types of training systems, including:
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotorcraft) flight/mission simulators
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) simulators
- Maintenance trainer simulators
- Submarine simulators
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Aircraft weapon systems simulated include: F-35, F-22, F-16C, F/A-18, A-10, C-17, B-2, B-1, P-3C, T-45C (front seat and back seat), AH/UH-1, MH-60R, CH-47.
ATC systems simulated include: Control Towers, Navy Carrier ATC Center (CATCC), Navy Amphibious ATC Center (AATCC), Navy Landing Signal Officer, radar systems, and FAA/NASA Center/TRACON Automation System (CTAS).
Submarine weapon systems simulated include: Los Angeles, Los Angeles Improved, Virginia, and Ohio SSN Classes.
Unmanned systems include the Navy Unmanned Combat Aerial System (N-UCAS).
Our experience ranges from simpler part-task trainers to complete weapon system simulators, as well as classroom support. SYMVIONICS maintains a “Full Scope” engineering capability, including:
- System engineering
- Hardware engineering & design
- 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) & drafting
- Electrical engineering & design
- Printed circuit board design
- Simulation math modeling
- Software engineering & development
- Information Assurance
- Human factors and system safety
- Provisioning and sparing
- Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) analysis
- Configuration/data management
- Quality assurance
- Technical publications
- Contractor Logistics Service (CLS)
SYMVIONICS also has an extensive expertise base in all simulator subsystems
- Computational systems
- Visual image generation systems
- Visual display systems
- Sensor simulators
- Threat simulations
- Cockpit systems
- Helmet Mounted Displays
- Interface Input/Output systems
- Aural cueing systems
- Speech Recognition Systems
- Motion systems
- Control loading systems
- Instructor Operator Systems
- Performance measurement systems
- Data collection & real-time analysis systems
SYMVIONICS also has experience with Instructor services, student services (help desk), and electronic classrooms. This includes:
- Development, modification, and standardization of aviation training curricula, courseware, and instructional support materials
- Prime contractor on Navy and Army training systems contract vehicles (both small business and full-and-open lots)